Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March 2, 2011 - Day 7 in Bogota, COLOMBIA

Day 7 in Bogota, COLOMBIA. Luzelena took me to the government buildings in the old part of the city called La Candalaria. She was a senator for four years as was her mother Regina. She originally invited me to visit while she was still in the government, but since i was unable to at that time it worked out well anyway since she could still access the inner workings of the government. I got a tour and was welcomed by all whom i met. 

This is the building accross the street from my hotel. The tallest building in Colombia except this time i'm right below it looking up. I was going to go up to the top but i never managed to make that happen.

My hotel from below the Calpatria building (and construction!)



A church on the way to the old town.


Now we are on the main square where the government buildings are located. They have a pigeon problem, no?

















The glass window above the senate floor below.

The senate in action!

Finally i got to pose next to the Colombian flag with my Colombian shirt on!

No comments:

Post a Comment