Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 7, 2011 - Vancouver, WA to Blaine, WA

My friend Carla is from my childhood days in Nebraska. She lived in Albuquerque, NM for years and i used to visit her there when i was passing through. She now lives in Vancouver, WA, is retired and has a cute little doggie.


Her house from the outside.

Carla posing for a photo (after i forced her to do so!)

My only stop in Seattle this time was at my favorite Indian restaurant i have thus far experienced.

Although i've seen countless restaurants named "A Taste Of India," nothing compares to this one. Everything is just so yummy and the free refills of the yummiest sweet chai are the topper. I gorged here for lunch. No other pics or stops in Seattle.


I stopped in Blaine, WA which is a border town. I like to stop and check out border towns since they have their own type of energy going on. This little town was quite lovely.




I liked this zen dude so i took several pics from different vantage points!








These guys were cute too.  "The Vigil" is a tribute to Blaine's Icelandic fishing heritage. The sculpture stand on Harborview Plaza overlooking Drayton Harbor and Semiahmoo Bay.

OK, enough of this! Time to get to Canada! I only have two nights and one day to see lovely Vancouver, BC.

No comments:

Post a Comment