Search This Blog

Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6, 2011 - Eugene, OR to Vancouver, WA

I left on June 5 so i could retrieve my friend's stuff in Anacortes, WA. I helped her moved down from Seattle in 2007. She left behind a few of her most precious things at her friend's house. The friend now wanted them out. She was planning on a road trip herself, but in the middle of a move she was making in SF, her van died. She asked me if i would be willing to go up there and pick up her stuff. I had been itching for a road trip since i got a newer truck. It had been quite a while since i've been anywhere by vehicle. I high-tailed it up to Oregon without hardly stopping. It was totally rainy and cloudy so no temptation to stop every so often and take pictures. I stayed with some friends in Eugene, OR and awoke to leave for Vancouver, WA to visit another friend. Since i have been through Portland, OR many times and never stopped really, i decided to hang out downtown for a while and stroll around and see what i've been hearing about all these years from all the people i know from that city.

Pioneer Courthouse Square is where i was told to go by locals, so i did.

I walked around a few blocks in every direction just to see different buildings.





The Square itself had a lovely world map of flowers. They were just flowers in pots, but arranged to look like a global map. Very beautiful.









I drove around a bit more in downtown Portland, but then crossed the river to meet my friend Carla in Vancouver, WA.

No comments:

Post a Comment