Search This Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2011

June 11, 2011 - Southern Oregon to California State Line

You may have noticed the missing day in this blog. I picked up my friend's stuff in Anacortes, WA and then headed back to Seattle to catch the ferry to Bainbridge Island. There i spent the night at her sister's house and got talked into bringing some of her niece's stuff down since she just moved to SF. I left the next morning and headed down to Eugene, OR once again. I stayed the 10th at friends' house in Eugene, OR. I didn't take any pictures these two days and i had a falling out that day with my friends there. I don't wish to discuss it, but it was what it was and i still don't talk to them. Wish them well but i don't want to be around the nonsense any more. After i left Eugene it was the same Interstate 5 that i went north on, however, at Ashland near the California border i had an itch to do something different and i was making good time. I have seen that the Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument was added to the map about 10 years ago. My curiosity got the best of me and i took the scenic route to get to my friends in Mt. Shasta, CA. I turned onto Hwy 66 East toward Klamath Falls so i could find out just what this National Monument was all about. Did find out a little. Check it out for yourself.

Wasn't sure if i was in the Monument or not. According to the atlas, its boundaries actually include I-5, but no signs. Hmmmm.... even more mysterious it was.



The scenery just got more stunning.

Finally! A sign that even acknowledged the existence of it! There was a visitor's center. I picked up a map and realized that there was a lot of private land owners in this area already and they created this monument the best they could to preserve the ecosystems that were still intact.


The Pacific Crest Trail went through here.

This lake was out of the monument and close to the California border.


Actually i was leaving Oregon but i had to get a picture of this sign. I have never seen one anywhere else  in Oregon and it is one of the best "welcome to..." signs i think i've seen.





Back in Cali-forn-eye-ay! Off to visit my friends in Mt. Shasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment