Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November 22, 2011 - PHOENIX TRIP - Utah

Day 3 of Phoenix trip.

We made it to Bryce Canyon National Park. I drove here in the 90s but had never hiked it. I was raving about it to Ayme and she said she wanted to go. She had a hip replacement last year so she was itching to try it out. Happy to say she navigated those cliffs like a pro! Coming here in the winter has two advantages. One: this park has gotten too popular for its own good. It is MOBBED in the summer. Two: the snow really added an extra dimension of beauty that is missing in the summer. It's almost too red in the summer!




I don't remember the names of points. Eventually i just took pictures of the signs. We drove all the way to the end at the south and then drove back and stopped for every ooo-and-aah moment.



























































































I totally skipped this part last time and it seems to be the point of all!









Now we are off down into it. Earlier in the morning my $250 hiking boots from Italy that i had had for 15 years and used sparingly thinking they would last forever ---- disintegrated! The soles literally crumbled off the main part of the shoes. I ended up wearing my new tennis shoes which got ruined. It was muddy and wet, but well worth the price of admission!














































































You probably can't tell but about two inches of rubber crumbled off my boots! Waaah!









No comments:

Post a Comment