Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12, 2011 - NEBRASKA TRIP - Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri

The time came to leave Nebraska and head to Arkansas to unload my truck. The time went too fast but it was sure great to see everyone.

Hoomie is a good friend. He loves to be chased around the couch!

The Platte River is a major river in the state and was full this year.




I stopped in Falls City, NE near the Kansas border to see the Itha T. Krumme Memorial Arboretum. It specializes in native trees and plants of Nebraska. I took lots of pics in a short time so i could review them later. 




























































































I made it to Kansas!



This is in Lawrence, KS. Very cool city. This is where the University of Kansas is. It is very attractive and has lots of good restaurants and fun things to do.


I believe this is in Ottawa, KS. I loved this building.

I made it to Missouri just as it got dark.

I didn't take any more pictures after dark, but i went through Joplin, MO. I went through it to see the tornado damage. I was shocked. Driving through at night was eerie. As you travel through the south part it suddenly becomes pitch black and all i could see is mangled infrastructure in the shadows. It lasted a few miles. I was amazed how much damage they suffered.


No comments:

Post a Comment