Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

September 17, 2011 - NEBRASKA TRIP - Texas

I made it Lewisville, TX late the previous night (near Dallas) and saw my friend Sandy and finally met her husband Don Bradbury. Sandy and i go back to the days when we were toddlers crawling on the floor. She is in effect a sister who it is always great to see. Although it had been a long time since i had seen her in person. She came to Jeff's first wedding in 1992 and that was the last time i saw her! I told her that Jeff is getting married again and i simply must see you!

They took me all about the metropolitan area. First to Williams Square in Las Colinas, which is actually a part of Irving, TX.


These horses were lifelike to the last detail except they didn't move!



Sandy and Don.




Me about to get flattened!

Sandy's turn!







We then went to see the IMAX theater in Ft Worth, TX. I had been here once in the 80s and always wanted to go back. The screen is dome shaped and much better than the regular flat ones. Now they have dines to greet you!


I remembered the tortoise! I forgot all about him until i saw him. This museum changed a lot but i'm glad they left him there.

Riding the tortoise, Texas style!






A cool mirror exhibit :)


Sandy and Don took me out to an excellent Japanese restaurant. I couldn't believe how good it was being in a shopping mall in Lewisville, TX, a sleepy suburb about 30 miles from Dallas.


I dug their cute teaware. Food was excellent! 


No comments:

Post a Comment