Search This Blog

Friday, September 16, 2011

September 16, 2011 - NEBRASKA TRIP - Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas

I left Carol and Bill's house in the morning and then set off to visit their daughter Sandy in the Dallas area. The first photos are of their house. Remember they built everything all by themselves!












This place intrigued me since the state line went right through the center. Sounds like a legal nightmare!


Heading southward in Oklahoma i took a quick break from the main road to see the Broken Bow Reservoir. It was apparent a drought was taking it's toll, but it rained on me the day, so i hope it's better now.





I decided to go through Paris, TX to see what was there. I found a historic old downtown and a beautiful housing district with old houses from yesteryear. I also found their version of the Eifel Tower!








Yes, you are seeing an Eifel Tower with a cowboy hat on it!











That was interesting! Off to somewhere else.

I had to stop in this little town. I saw this on the map and deemed this the stupidest name for a town ever! 


No comments:

Post a Comment