Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September 14, 2011 - NEBRASKA TRIP - Arkansas

I left Rogers, AR and took a trip through the beautiful Ozarks off to Mena, AR to visit childhood friends.

Mike Woods and his son Joseph. He paid me to bring the remaining items from San Francisco to Rogers.  He is amazing that in his 50s and as a single dad he is going back to college to start a new career in landscaping.

My truck happy to be light and fluffy!


I drove through the Hobbs State Park. It is basically a preserved landscape. After the reviewing the satellite maps i realized how populated the area had become. I am glad they preserved some of it.



One of the highlights of the whole trip and one of the coolest places in the whole country. Eureka Springs, AR is a gem of a place. It has victorian buildings, artistic inhabitants and really reminded me of a small San Francisco in the Ozarks. Everybody told me i simply must see this place. I could see why. I definitely will spend more time here next time in the area. The following photos all took place in a couple hours. You can see why whis is such a special place.


































































I literally had to pry myself away from all the eye candy of Eureka Springs. I continued on to Harrisonville, AR and then took scenic Highway 7 through the heart of the Ozarks.

I stopped at the Buffalo National River. The Ozarks at their best! Gotta go back on canoe there!














When you get to the summit of some range outside of Jasper, AR (also  gorgeous place) you come upon this tourist shop. I climbed the overlook.








Somewhere out there on Highway 7, this is what i was waiting for. Their was more development on Highway 7 than i expected. This was the pure pristine view that i was hoping to see and here it is.







This name struck me as funny. 



I made it to Hot Springs. I only passed through but strolled around for 20 minutes and got a few pics. I would like to go back and see more. The buildings are historic and this is one of the few if not only national park that is special for it's historic properties.








Back on the road. I was tired now. But a long way to go.

I don't remember what town this was in but this may be the smallest library i have ever seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment