Search This Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2011

September 4, 2011 - NEBRASKA TRIP - Nebraska

I spent the night in Alliance, NE simply to check out Carhenge. I had never wanted to see it before but i have heard how cool it is by several people who had gone there. After touring it, i must agree that it was well worth the side trip. It reminds me of some of the ambitious art projects conjured up at Burning Man. The only people i met there were from the Netherlands. Europeans love this kind of stuff. 














I was there early in the morning and am glad i got to see the monoliths with the long shadows.









































I think this is the Sandhill town of Hyannis. Love the small historic towns that seem like they never change.

I'm officially in the Sandhills now! It was a GREAT time to see them since this region had a generous rainy season. Everything was green and lush with lots of pretty flowers!









Went to Mullen, NE and then turned south on a small paved road. It was a good call. I think the scenery was outstanding!




The Dismal River was not dismal at all. It was a nice break from the seas of grass!




















Made it to the tiny hamlet of Tryon and turned east towards Colombus.

Just before Stapleton, NE i encountered this turtle on the road. I was concerned that he was going to get hit by a vehicle so i stopped to get him off the road. Turned out he was actually pretty fast, but i managed to catch him. I decided i have to save him because i already hit a bird on the trip.

I think he's a Western Paint Turtle.


I loved this sign. It pretty much sums it up!

This church in Arcadia, NE was interesting enough for me to stop and take a pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment