Search This Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1, 2011 - NEBRASKA TRIP - Nevada

On September 1, i left on a journey back to Nebraska for my brother's wedding. It was more than a trip to the homeland. It ended up being two jobs as well. I had been working for a guy in San Francisco helping him load his truck and trailer to move back to Arkansas. I mentioned to him i was driving back to Nebraska in September. He asked me to take the last remaining things in his friend's garage back to Arkansas (for $ of course!) I had been itching to drive through the Ozarks for a long time and also visit friends out that way, so i jumped on it. It helped pay for gas. At the last minute another guy paid me to take a piece of furniture to a little town north of Truckee, CA on the way. 

So truck loaded down, i was on my way. Not many pics taken the first few days as my goal was to just get to Nebraska and do my leisurely sightseeing on the way back. I did take the time to stop in any sizable town and check out the downtowns. It had been a long time since i took Highway 80 back so it was interesting to see the changes.


The only pics this day were at the Nevada sign. I went through Reno and slept in my truck in Winnemucca, NV that night.


No comments:

Post a Comment