Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

September 20, 2011 - NEBRASKA TRIP - New Mexico

After another night of sleeping in my truck in Carlsbad, NM i was off to Las Cruces.

The landscape from Artesia, NM slowly turned from this scrubby desert to....

...more mountainous.

Then came the Lincoln National Forest.



A very beautiful area indeed. The 15 miles from Cloudcroft, NM to Alamagordo, NM takes you from lush green forests to the driest desert you could find.


That is White Sands National Monument over yonder.


On the way down the mountains.










I saw a sign for this and had to check it out. I wished i had time to drop in. Next time!







I was told White Sands is really cool at night on a full moon.

























The Organ Mountains. On the other side is Las Cruces, NM.







Next time i want to hike up those pinnacles.





My truck still happy being empty of goods.

Off to Las Cruces to look up my friend Kalisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment